Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 21-09-2021, 01:51 PM   #15124
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked
Yes I agree, sweeping generalisations about Sutton. But reading his bio, I am underwhelmed. Going off to do humanitarian medicine in Afghanistan plus a few years of public service does not prepare someone to make determinations that affect the financial viability of people, businesses and states. So I actually stand by my opinion. Through luck more than good management!
Professor Brett Sutton has extensive experience and clinical expertise in public health and communicable diseases, gained through emergency medicine and field-based international work, including in Afghanistan and Timor-Leste. He represents Victoria on a number of key national bodies including the AHPPC (Australian Health Protection Principal Committee).

Professor Sutton is a Fellow of the Royal Society for Public Health, a Fellow of the Australasian College of Tropical Medicine and a Fellow of the Australasian Faculty of Public Health Medicine (AFPHM). He is also a member of the Faculty of Travel Medicine.

... is a bit more than you actually stated and he is only one of a much larger group of experts in a variety of fields who agree on the advice that should be presented to the Government but you keep belittling him because I'm sure you must know better.

Observatio Facta Rotae

This user likes this post: