Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2021, 02:45 PM   #15042
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Russell, with your comment regarding the construction workers I do agree with you to a certain point but with the CFMEU stunt the other day with tea rooms protest don't you think they have a legitimate excuse for their actions, I'm quite sure the companies who employ these guys should be providing adequate facilities to comply with covid safe conditions, my workplace which employees over 300 people on site sure went out of their way to provide us with adequate facilities.
The government should be looking at the companies who are employing these workers to see if they are providing safe covid working conditions instead of blaming the worker themselves.
Its funny how things have changed over the years back when they were the BLF and a good friend of mine was a union organiser. Govco rabbitted on about unionism having to much control over building companies. He would go onto unsafe sites and close them down until they fixed their dangerous safety issues. There was no money changing hands regarding fines etc.

Now after these so called militant unions (as Russelll and others call them) were stripped of their powers, govco turns around in each individual state and start workcover, worksafe (whatever they want to call them) they have imediatelty given themslves power to come onto building sites and close them down and fine them. Funny how sometime that was once done for safety by unions has suddenly turned nicely into a money making proposition by state governments.
We often laughed at people who would turn to him and say, oh but you take brides through doing this, which he answered yes come and have a look at the grand mansion I'm living in.
Like anything there is good and bad on both sides of a fence and just remember when you go and hold your hand out for your pay slip at the end of the week, a good on your paid holidays leave every year a union paved the way for your rights as a worker many years previous.

btw As a self employed contract craftman who doesn't reap the benefits of paid holidays, wet weahter pay, sick leave as a union member but respect the rights of workers to protest against on site conditions.

14 users like this post: