Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 13-09-2021, 04:10 PM   #14843
tweeked
N/A all the way

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
I get quite ****ed at the reference to 'Chairman Dan' - it just shows a huge level of ignorance about how the Emergency Provisions work in Victoria. The Government (not the Premier) have to follow the advice of the Chief Health Officer's office. The Premier is just a spokesperson for the Government on these matters.

Smarten up your homework and find out how the system works - this name calling bull-**** is exactly the same tirade that was unleashed on Julia Gillard - it is weak as ****.

I am not that happy either, but at least I do my best to educate myself on the process
It is interesting how the whole CHO thing works in Vic. I find this part of the act funny in a "yes minister" kind of way.

(2) Subject to the general direction and control of
the Secretary, the Chief Health Officer has the
powers, duties, functions and immunities that are
conferred or imposed on the Chief Health Officer
by or under this or any other Act

The "secretary" is defined as the department head. So according to this, the CHO make the rules, but the Health Minister directs and controls him.

This is where everyone can blame someone else, everyone has the power, but can say someone else made the decision!!!

2 users like this post: