View Single Post
Old 25-07-2021, 09:48 PM   #713
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Well try this then, wash your car as normal and run masking tape down the middle front to back!...then polish half of your car!

You will be surprised just what sulphur dioxide ( air pollution ) does to your paintwork, then wash it with plain water and a chamois a week later! the water will run off the polished half even after washing, you will notice the difference, anything is better than nothing, do you see all the older cars drive around with white patches of clear coat hanging off?...

Well it stops that, even Kitten number 1, I spent before Christmas fixing my old neighbours car, Hyundai Accent, Cherry Red, I did it in my driveway, with Supercheap $12.99 Acrylic colour and $12.99 Acrylic Clear Coat, these are spray cans, took 4 colour and 6 clear cans, I put 3 clear coats on it, and used her expensive headlight restorer ( rip off ) on one head light, and I sanded and power cut the other and 2 clearcoats of acrylic!

The professional $39.00 kit from U S of A lasted 5 months, my Supercheap Acrylic Laquer headlight is still as new!
The old way was lasting too long, and when you want to buy cheap guess where the saving comes from?..yes the quality of its materials, they get a undercoat, base coat (colour) and one coat of acrylic!

If I read the ingredients on my tin of KITTEN ULTRA number 1 wax, it is the same as the expensive ones, main ingredient is "Carnuba Wax" that's it folks same as all the others!

Chilly Beers
I know the polishing benefits.

If you look back in this thread you will see the products applied to my car and the protection it has. Significantly better than polish alone and has reduced the need for back breaking polishing on a semi-regular basis.
5 users like this post: