View Single Post
Old 22-06-2021, 10:06 PM   #124
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Psychos in the Auto-Repair Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon SXR8 View Post
Not many tradies work 10 hours a day non stop thats why i dont understand your calculations. And who is happy working for $100 an hour with an outlay of 1mil in equipment and have professional's running it as in your example?
What's hard to understand?..5 x 10hr days= 50hrs x $90 = $4,500 a week!
Multiply that by 48 weeks, taking 4 weeks annual holidays is $215 grand a year gross.
My garbo gets a week what a plumber earns in a day!
He is just as important as anyone else, just for health reasons, he gets $45 grand a year.

As for bigger businesses charging $100 an hour when they outlay just on machinery a million dollars, they run it let's say 12 hrs a day x 5 days a week so 4 pieces of machinery daily is $4,800 per day income x 5 days is $24,000 per week, x 52 weeks = $1,248,000.

So no one is working for $100 an hour, the machinery x4 is making the company $400 per hour, so 4 plumbers are making $360 per hr?
What plumber on an ABN a sole trader not a limited company outlays $300,000 to set himself up?...none of them, they can turn up in a family car and load all they need in the boot.

I know my business, and I know how to quote, my profit margins, my costs and how to work it all out, and no tradesman with a toolbox and ladder, maybe a small brazing torch ain't worth $90 an hour, fullstop!

Cheers King Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: