View Single Post
Old 21-06-2021, 11:41 AM   #97
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Psychos in the Auto-Repair Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
My wife got stung $270 from Plummer to unblock a drain, it took 20min for 2 blokes to do.
I am a Contractor Tiler and if I can make $300 a day I am having a good day. other days I may of worked 10hr day and earn nothing at all, just getting f ed over by incompetent builders who don't give a rats if you are making money or not.
That's a standard call out fee, 2 x hourly rate. If the job takes 9 or 59 minutes it's all covered under that price. Don't know how people expect tradies to not have a minimum fee and want to pay for the time it takes only, were you expecting it to cost less than $100? Tradies have travel time, vehicle expenses, insurance, tools etc plus you are paying for their knowledge. Have had potential clients ask for complete breakdowns of quotes down the individual price of bolts, not a problem as soon as they provide me with one of their payslips and their work calendar to show how many hours in the day they work. You might be prepared to earn nothing for a days work but not many other tradesman are.
Ross 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: