Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 11:41 AM   #11382
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post

Maybe both of you are introverts ? who knows.
The melbournians I know pretty close, be it friends and many business associates have told me they are pi ss ed right off with it all in your city.
They don't defend anything like you do T3 by the way.
They hate the lockdowns, some have said they won't shut their business's down ever again, Vic pol can fine them for all they care its nothing what it has costed them.
Mentions about their kids suffering, behind with school work, etcetc, there's plenty that would think similar, if you guys think its ok, fine live in your worlds.
The other thing in their opinions re Dans Gov saving grace is they say the other side is useless, then they think for a mo over the last 1yr and half and eat their words loling.......
Live long and prosper fellas, I sure know I wouldn't be sitting back looking at things the way you do and I'm sure not alone.
Look, I have friends and rellies that live in Melbourne (and we need to recognise, of course, that Melbournites are feeling the pain more so than us in regional areas) but I don't know anyone that is as annoyed as your associates with what is going on. Sure, they'd all prefer that they weren't subject to restrictions, but as T3rminator says, my experience (noting not a great sample size) is that people appreciate that the alternatives are not any better and that short term pain is an investment into the future.

I wonder if our sample is biased because we tend to mix with those that have similar views to ourselves?

I've not once said that my views are representative of the community as a whole. How can I when my sample size is so small? And I'm sure there are a lot of people who are over it. I just wonder as to what the 'real' sentiment amongst the community, as a whole, is?

For me, the restrictions don't have much of an impact. Working from home one week out of two means that when further restrictions are imposed, there's little impact for me. And the allowance to get out and exercise allows me to do what I would normally do anyway. I've had to make some changes, but they are small and impact me very little. I'm comfortable (not happy) to make the sacrifice to see that we don't end up with the situation we see in many other countries where significant numbers of people fall ill or die from this pandemic.

If you don't think that's worth it, FTE, then that's fine. Just don't assume that everyone feels the same way you do about it.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
3 users like this post: