View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 01:03 AM   #19
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Shannons auction - 2005 Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
While I understand they can't really quote without a purchase price (assuming this is agreed value) surely if you gave them a price roughly around what you would be willing to pay then the premium can't be more than that if it goes less?

It shouldn't take an hour plus of them ****ing you around though, that's ridiculous that they couldn't just suggest that. I have done heaps of online quotes without purchasing the car by putting in a ballpark figure.

In any case the factory RHD Mustangs are not that expensive so maybe just wait a bit for one of them.

Sure they won't be anything special but you won't have to worry about any of this BS.
Looking back, the person either has no grasp of common sense or is a mindless robot reading a script that can't be deviated from.

I have another car insured with Shannons for several years and I was close to asking them to just cancel my other policy if providing a quote is just way too hard for another car with them.

Some pearlers from the conversation:

"Quotes are legally binding documents and MUST be 100% accurate and we are legally liable to cover ANY car we quote".

"You can simply bid on the car, then if you win ask the auctioneer to allow you time to seek clarification on the insurance premium - only once we know the value can we legally provide a quote. If you don't like the quote just simply pull out of the sale - happens all the time when people change their mind".

"Any person that is asking what insurance costs on a car as a deciding factor when buying perhaps shouldn't be buying that car.. don't you think?"

"There are dozens of variables that go into an insurance policy and you must know all of them, if you don't then you are practically conducting fraud for providing false information".

And when I reminded her the ONLY variable was the price..

"The purchase price is the MOST IMPORTANT variable when it comes to insurance.. say you give us the wrong price and you take out a policy and you have an accident then you have misled us as your insurance may be void.. that's why I simply can't provide you a quote".

"We will need evidence that you can handle such a car - have you owned or driven a car like this in the past? That answer will have a great bearing on if we can provide you cover".

When finally getting permission to get an anonymous quote I mentioned that the car will be parked in an under ground secure resident parking area in my own closed off garage.

"So, you say that it's parked in an apartment building - most are open space parking right? Oh, its closed off" But other people can access it right? - it's only closed off at the street right? Oh - you have an individual garage? Who else can access it? Is it open from the sides? Oh, you have a garage - does it have a door, like a roller door or something or is it open? you said the parking is secure but you didn't specify if you have a garage? Oh, you do, that's quite rare, are you sure? Garaging has a GREAT EMPHASIS of our decision to insure you and I will remind you that by providing false information may generate now a different outcome later on".

Can you imagine 30 questions having that sort of banter?

The person loved the sound of their own voice, constantly spoke over me, constantly interrupted me and just cut me off to explain the legalities of everything I said without allowing me to finish anything I was saying.

Actually... I'm tempted to make a formal complaint - it really shouldn't be that hard to give a quote for a car they themselves are selling and to keep an existing customer happy.

As for the more recent RHD cars - I take your point but they are a little too 'mainstream' for me to be honest.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 04-06-2021 at 01:28 AM.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: