View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 09:11 PM   #8
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Shannons auction - 2005 Mustang

Id be concerned also if there was no evidence of being registered. If it wasnt, its a little odd that somebody would go to the trouble and expense of converting it and getting it approved, then letting it sit as a collector car... but that can happen. Of course the flip side is there was some kind of issue in registering it, so it never happened. Possibilities you have to think about and clearly have.

The red plate is basically the Australian compliance plate, it is required on cars like this if they are to be registered. Looks legit enough, but you can never know unless followed up.

The fact that the conversion place is still trading as already mentioned is a bonus though, many from back in the day are not... I have a Camaro that is in that situation... but I knew it was registered in the past (I was given the NSW rego papers, expired for couple years) , and everything matched the cars numbers and the plate added here, so I wasnt worried about it.

Finding if the conversion is legit should be much easier for you than if it was done at a place no longer operating. I guess you just have to contact them and find out.
lumen8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: