View Single Post
Old 31-05-2021, 11:23 AM   #529
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I came across this pic on a detailing forum I frequent.

This guy subcontracts at a local new car dealership, and this is their set-up.

Quote - "....this is what gets used at the dealer I work for to “detail” your new car or truck...."

Now obviously not all dealerships are like this, but THIS is why you should never let the dealer "wash" your car when it's in for a service, and why many insist on their brand new car not being "detailed" prior to sale.

I’ve worked at 2 Ford dealers in Vic.
Both detailing teams have been very good with generally good equipment with good people. I wouldn’t have an issue with them detailing my new car(except I just did my Mustang myself).
However the service car washer is another matter all together. This is usually some young guy on minimum wage. They may have to wash 30 cars a day and don’t have the time to take any care at all with your car. I would never get my car washed while it’s getting serviced.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: