View Single Post
Old 29-04-2021, 06:52 PM   #2
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Default Re: AUII XR8 just lost all power while driving ?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
Hi all, I just had an episode where I was driving along in the cue (school pick up) where the XR8 just cut out and lost all power, nothing.

I pushed it out of the cue and sat for a moment (5 mins) and tried to start again and it started and off we went home.

Now just prior to this I started the car and drove the 2k's to my children's school but upon starting the car fluffed and coughed a little as if a flooded engine but I just took it as it had been sitting all day and was cold and just had a moment.

Anyway it drove ok to the school which is only a short distance, parked it up and went to get the kids, we all jumped in and joined the cue to exit the school and then while driving at walking pace, it just died !!!.

Lost everything, no instrumentation etc, so this suggest something electrical perhaps ?.

I have been chasing a niggling miss in the car which I found (leads) and have since replaced and all has been good, but now this little incident.

Would coil packs do this sort of thing, as I have had cars before where the ignition module has been the problem and what happened was a very similar incident ?.

Anyway does anyone have any suggestions ?.

Cheers.
Check the regulator in the alternator.

Mate, I always suggest this as we were chasing a very similar thing in my XR8, as soon as it was caught in heavy traffic and/or a load put on the electrical system it would not run properly.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: