View Single Post
Old 28-03-2021, 04:35 PM   #55
FuriousFord
FrustratedAUII

Default Re: 2001 AUII ute immobilizer problems

I have persevered trying to sort this problem out since this immobilizer kicked in, but I'm slowly starting to lose hope trying to get around it with only one key and no remote (keypad) to try reset the system. What I had done prior to posting this thread was the following based on reviewing the immobilizer issue on other threads:

Leaving battery disconnected for over 2 hours, then after reconnecting it I left the key in the on (accessory) position for 61 minutes whilst the battery was on charge. The interior light was on during this period of time. After the 61 minutes, I turn the key off and pulled it out of the ignition for over 30 seconds. Then I reinserted the key, turned it back to the on position (with the doors closed) and pressed the demister button three time repeatedly as suggested to try reset the door lock cycle . After that nothing happened and the doors never locked/unlocked. Not sure when the interior light stopped working and the key entry light stopped too.

After trying this procedure twice, I then posted this thread and have tried every procedure as suggested. Even removing the starter relay and bridging 30 & 87 using short wire with bladed ends. Engine was trying to kick over even though fuel was being primed each time.

My bad. Forgot to mention all this previously, so not sure if I'm wasting everybody precious time trying to sort this prob out. Starting to get the impression that the Smartshield has got me stumped and the dealership gonna extort some big bucks out of me resolving the dilemma.
FuriousFord is offline   Reply With Quote