View Single Post
Old 27-03-2021, 09:33 PM   #23
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: 2001 AUII ute immobilizer problems

Did you actually swap fuses and relays while originally testing; or did you just pull and check each one? What did you actually do? To me, it sound like the Smartshield as seen what it has interpreted as an attempt to hotwire the ignition and immobilised the ute.

Note also the Smartshield system can be confused by stray RF signals and things like nearby mains transformers, power generators, battery chargers and radio transceivers can stop it working as can metallic window tint (blocks the signal from the fob). Has anything electronic (sat nav, GPS, mobile phone, sat radio etc) that could be interfering with the fob signal been put inside the cab or on the key ring of the fob and is there anything nearby that could be generating RF interference. If the utes in your shed turn everything else in the shed off. I have a Repco Jump Starter that cause these sort of issue while it is charging (it also sets off my shed and car alarms).

Last edited by aussiblue; 27-03-2021 at 09:39 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote