View Single Post
Old 25-10-2020, 06:26 PM   #203
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Greenthumb Project

It can be hard to verbalize how beautiful a garden can look in early Spring. I love the soft new growth that appears on many plants, not to mention the floral display that seems to explode into view.

This cottage style garden I maintain is at it's best at the moment. The roses are in just starting to bloom along with several other shrubs, the lawn has sprung back to life and the whole garden has a fresh look and smell to it.

This arbor is a delight to senses at the moment, English Honeysuckle in full flight.

This plant, Convolvulus sabatius, is a very common ground cover that is looking great at the moment. I planted these from tiny little tubes that were almost under cooked to be honest, and while they took some time to take off, these plants have really lifted this little spot of the garden.

And this very old 'Cécile Brünner' climbing rose is covered in distinctively fragrant flowers. This variety is extremely vigorous and mainly flowers in spring.

In fact once finished, the rose will be getting a very, very hard prune to reform it's shape. Having done it a couple of times now, I'm not particularly looking forward to it.

This was the last time it was heavily pruned, it was the final job my trusty PK Ranger did before it was traded, I didn't wan't to scratch my new ute!

And finally, my little helper today peeking out behind the vegetation.

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: