View Single Post
Old 23-08-2020, 02:09 PM   #57
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Psychos in the Auto-Repair Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiji View Post
That's what I dont understand.

I would want the job from a to z done by the one workshop. They supply the parts, drive in and drive out scenario. So no finger pointing if it goes pear shaped

It seems people in this thread want to cut corners , save a buck buying questionable parts and then want the workshop to fit a square in a round hole and blame the workshop if it doesn't fit .

Ive spoken to workshops and they tell me all the time people bring their problems in, want to pay for one part of the problem to be fixed but expect everything to be perfect as they drive out. Ie a tune to fix their low compression engine with a miss. Ridiculous isn't it
Had a similiar situation a few years back when I supplied and sometimes fitted exhaust systems.Had an old customer who I know didn’t have much cash to splash,wanted me to fit a muffler to his Valiant.Think at the time the muffler was maybe just over $60 so I said, oh probably $70 all up.So he turns up next week to get it fitted and hands me $8 and then tells me I got a muffler at the cheap place down the road for say $50,so I just need you to fit it.FFS what could I say,just smile and spend 15-20 minutes cutting the old off and fitting the new.

go

Last edited by Tassie f100; 23-08-2020 at 02:15 PM.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote