View Single Post
Old 14-08-2020, 04:41 PM   #112
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: Used car prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TLS View Post
Fair call,there was always room to move for sure but generally anyone seriously looking at a late or new model Toyota/Ford had money or access to it,goes without saying to me anyway and again generally if they bothered to show up chances are they were going to buy a car wether they paid with cash or finance from the dealership or somewhere else,my point is nobody cared about the "ive got cash"comment it meant nothing The only time i ever sold a car for actual cash was late on a Friday arvo to a couple that owned a restaurant,they bought a demo 1600 Corolla liftback and i had to stay at work late as they had the cash in the safe at the restaurant,from memory the price was in the mid $20s,sales manager was ****ed off as he had to come back count it and muck about with alarms to put it in the safe.
I hear you - like I've said takes all types.
Another winner back then for a better deal was last week of the month as you'd know or not, most Sales guys compared to you loved picking up last minute sales for bonus's and or shifting old stock that just had to go.

Same applies today, service and parts is way more profit but you need to shift dead woood from the lot still.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: