View Single Post
Old 24-07-2020, 11:06 PM   #159
gooseneck
Banned

Default Re: Australia - China - Poltics

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
I'll tell you what I don't believe. I don't believe we should advocate killing people or destroying countries that have different idealogy to ours. It stinks of supremacy.
I believe in that too.

Quote:
Tell me, what is the end game here? To remove Xi from power? He will just be replaced. To kill all 92m members of the party? Total annihilation of the Chinese people?
I don't think anyone wants mass deaths.

We live on a finite planet with finite resources. You don't want a pig headed attitude anywhere on either the US side or Asian side.

I say Asian side here because Indonesia has big ambitions too.

Quote:
When I woke up in 2018 we were having good relations with them, they were doing things that they are doing today, no more no less, but we managed the risks.
Know what I miss the most? eBay purchases from China arriving in 2 weeks in the mail on a regular basis. I want it to go back to that state too but the US economy and the Australian economy are both being pummeled by China's behavior.

I don't like being on either side of the political spectrum, if I was politically inclined which I am not for religious reasons I would be center biased.
gooseneck is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: