View Single Post
Old 25-11-2019, 10:08 AM   #1381
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Its just like pretty much most things. Easy to do, just a bit harder to do well. I can drive a car perfectly fine on the road like most people, id have no chance on a race track being fast. So 8.3 im pretty happy with on that track. My aim is 7.7. Reason for 7.7 is thats a pretty average lap for the guys who race the same chassis and spec car i have. And ive let some of the race guy's use my car and give opinions as to set up. So straight line my car has it. Corner entry speed is good, mid corner its fast and the car is where its at, exit speed is good, but it just doesnt have the grip entering the straights that i want. It spins the tyres a bit more then ideal. Thats the main noticable difference between my car and using a preped car, same spec, that is raced competitively. The race guy's will happily give opinions and are helpful, but they dont share their secrets. So lateral grip on the rear i have. The front is good, no grip, people are more then happy to say i dont have straight line grip, but how i acheive that, ive got to work that out myself, no one will tell me how.
I used to race slot cars back in my early teens (mid 70's). They were around the 8 inch size with soft foam/rubber rear tyres. For rear tyre grip we used to apply some super sticky solution called "goop". The slot car centre sold it in a small bottle (eye drop bottle size) & you just dribbled a couple of drops on the rear tyres. It worked very well & was good for around 6 laps.
Peter B - CV8 is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: