Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 04:05 PM   #371
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Mowing ..

So far my lawn strategy seems to be working. At this time of the year the grass isnt a 2 week mission, its probably 3 to 4 weeks before it starts to look tatty. But for the past few weekends ive done a section at a time. Mowing high. So it was 3 feet high a couple of months back, but due to injury, time constraints, the bloke who rents my granny flat used to do the grass with me being unable, but he also is time poor, and equipment failure, it was an effort to scalp it. So since equipment is fixed, yes i scalped the grass, but its coming back nicely. So now im just keeping it in check. For the week to week 1 section, its pretty easy to break down at my place. Theres the driveway (its long), the side yard, the lower backyard and the upper ex pool area. So an hour per weekend on a different section per week, in winter, should keep things neat and tidy. Biggest issue is summer. I took next to nothing of the top of me lower backyard and that still filled my green bin. Summer will mean ill have to do 2 sections per week. Hmmmm.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: