Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2019, 11:39 PM   #263
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Got a two month old Makita mower in the shed , new Husky brushcutter and it's been as hot and dry as Haiti lately and the bloody grass is dead . Nothing much to cut other than the tops off the daisies .. 39.6 C on Friday , Total Fire Ban , 34 yesterday , only 23 today , mid 20's early week and another high 30's on Wednesday . Last Monday was about 38C too...Not a drop of rain for many weeks .

Ah well , grizzling when I am cutting , grizzling when I'm not ..

New addition isn't a mower but it's something I've wanted for ages . I bought a Makita hammer drill and impact driver combo from Home Hardware $369 ..
Brushless motor version .

Came with the fast charge unit as well and two 3 mAh LXT batteries of course .. Very happy indeed . Used it today for the first time . About time I owned a decent drill etc other than the cheap stuff I kept buying way too often ,

imageGEDC0082 by Rodney McGiveron, on Flickr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog
When I got my Magna neither of the speakers worked. There are 6 speakers in that car now.
Can i completely just geek out. So im a makita fan because its what i use at work. I had a brushed drill and impact driver kit from 07 to 2018 with 3 amp batteries and that kit was mad untill the drill died. To be fair 11 years of daily abuse isnt a bad trot, and by daily abuse im talking a constant thrashing on site 5 days a week. The brushless kit i have now has balls. I have the hd kit and 3 5 amp batteries, but still the old 3 amp ones and regardless of batteries the things have some go. The medium duty drill i bought my offsider is lighter and i kind of prefer it, being brushless it goes hard. My only statement is makita chucks loosen off if the bit bites, but you get used to that. Could be worse, milwalkee chucks just fail.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote