Old 12-12-2018, 09:31 PM   #209
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Roddy, I had a JS-48

https://www.google.ca/search?q=js48&...w=1536&bih=723

It had some great features, the key start was handy and I really liked the drive system. But at the end of the day it was costing me more time than it saved.

I think it is telling that they are no longer for sale in Australia.
John Deere might not make ideal pro walk behinds as you found out but they do make a nice ride on I'd say..Definitely one of the best commercial or semi commercial ride on's.. Had the pleasure of using one many times. It was the previous school mower, was a commercial conventional JD and did about 15 years apparently according to the groundsmanand was finally pensioned off in 2016 , still going pretty well .
Now we have a full commercial Toro Zero turn. Cost about twenty grand , twin cylinder..I'm not allowed to use it because I need to do training as per new Education Dept policy...Hmmmm...Years of using them previously count for nothing until you've done a specific induction/ safety course . Same old , same old government stuff but that's how it is . Next year sometime , when it's done under PL training something akin to a chainsaw course I'm told . Demonstrating common sense safety and maintenance knowledge and wearing all required PPE should be all you need . Suppose I'll be just pushing a mower and using a brushcutter til then . Just like I was for two hours today in readiness for Presentation Day on Friday .

Last edited by roddy1960; 12-12-2018 at 09:45 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: