Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 10:32 PM   #196
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I have been using my new battery powered hedger for a few weeks now and at this stage I can say that I'm a convert to battery electric power.

In the same way the people have range anxiety with electric cars, I was nervous about committing funds to a machine that may let me down mid-job. Run out of juice on a two-stroke mid way through a job, simply fill it up and off you go again. The prospect of having to re-charge/swap batteries was something that I didn't really want to have to do............time is money after all. The reality is, the capacity of the batteries is more than sufficient and my concerns unfounded. I simply recharge at the end of the day.

So, cheaper to run, no smelly fuel, quieter running, less vibration, no fumes and lighter to handle.

Did a bit of a light clean up on a Lilly Pilly hedge today.

I have also been using this Briggs and Stratton Lanolin lubricant on the blades. Much better than products like WD-40 or RP7 (these aren't lubricants really) and it even smells good.

I use lanox as a metal lubricant. Brilliant stuff and Australian.

25:1 and 50:1 mixes.
I have asked both husky and stihl and both said it depends on what oil you use. Good synthetic oil 50:1 otherwise 25:1.
I always use their branded oils so have always used 50:1. One of my chainsaws is near 20 years old and still runs well.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: