Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 07:53 PM   #191
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

G'day guys again ..Been doing a lot of brushcutting /trimming over recent times although I haven't used my new Husky much yet..All changes tomorrow in that regard given the length of my grass that missed a cut last weekend . Mucking around on EBAY last Sunday night and came across an integrated safety helmet . I am a spectacles wearer with expensive prescription tint lenses and besides it only takes a split second to do serious damage without visor or goggles . I've worn either my original perspex faceguard or a newer mesh one . The hassle is that with ear protection they are uncomfortable to combine . I also have a very old safety hat that I left at work and is basically buggered .

This is what I bought , turned up today .

GEDC0062 by Rodney McGiveron, on Flickr ..

It's pretty lightweight , comes with a high quality mesh face guard , built in swing away ear protectors , highly adjustable fit band , chin strap and a sun protector .

Cost me $37.50 including free postage . Maybe not up to max industry standard but for the cost and built in protections it's worth a try .

Will be easier to use than seperate face shield and ear protectors with the added bonus of sun guard and chin strap if needed . My only other headwear safety is a quite old , buggered plastic helmet that I leave at work incase we need to trim trees or whatever . No commercial chainsaw
licence but need it for when spotting for the groundsman etc..

Last edited by roddy1960; 07-12-2018 at 07:58 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: