View Single Post
Old 26-03-2006, 09:39 PM   #9
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Nice - Yes I have been in a Focus Sedan (when Matt [zetec] brought up a pre-delivery model from Melbourne). I quite like them.

However it needs; Bodykit, Zetec headlights, nice rims (even the Zetec ones).

I've seen on the F3 an LX Sedan in Silver with the Zetec rims and Bodykit.... lets just say I was drooling (had the Fiesta at the time) and was just behind it to admire and take it all in. The Sedan does have the extra room...

It just sits a little high is the problem (which as you said, can be sorted). However... I'm going to be bad here and ask, why haven't you checked out the Mazda3 then?

Two of my work mates got a Mazda3 Maxx Sport (one in grey, the other in black) and I must admit, I do like them. I was seriously considering one before the Fiesta (but saved the cash... So I can have a Clio now :P). They do have a very nice interior, and look very nice too. Like the Golf though, VERY popular! And, you might be left wanting more (SP23 or the MPS3 coming out soon....)

Yea, with service - I'm 18 so VW literally snobbed me. Their bad, as I ended up spending more $$$ then the Polo GTI. Oh well..... Not only that, but he also had a second hand Renault there. Haha, he went on and on about the Polo GTI being German (DUDE, it is SPANISH). Goes to show know knows more... the customer or the manager (he was).

It is a shame the Ghia doesn't come in Manual - a good debadging and different wheels would make it look very sexy. Maybe re-trim the side bolsters to make it look good

*EDIT* How much you looking a spending? PM me if you like (incase Ford dealers lerk here...) Almost certain you can pick up a normal 182 if you have the cash.... : _2: :eclipsee_

Well, considering you looked at a Polo GTI - I remember something like $27,990 + 2,500 for leather + 1,500 for the sunroof + Delivery Charges = $33,500! Shocked for a $28k car....
If I got the LX Sedan I would option for the bodykit. Would still be ALOT cheaper than the Golf.

I really like the Zetec alloys, but would go aftermarket for something a little different. Not sure if I would go 16 or 17 inch though...

Re the Polo GTI: not sure if you have test driven one, but I thought it went pretty damn well. Would be a bit too much for an everyday car though, plus it misses out on a few little things the Golf/Focus has standard (ie centre arm rest...I'm driving a Falcon now, it would be way too strange going to a car without one!!)

Anyone own a LX sedan in Dawn blue with the bodykit and has pics???
#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote