View Single Post
Old 20-07-2018, 12:59 PM   #38
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Diabetes: Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anobserver View Post
The constant insulin releases required by eating processed grains and sugars likely contributes to the onset of insulin resistance. Each meal provokes a spike in insulin that over decades exhausts the pancreas ability to address.
And yet nobody preaches cutting out meat (protein produces an insulin response almost as high as sugar). Quite the opposite, people increase their protein consumption on a lot of diets, especially protein shakes. If it was all about insulin, this approach wouldn't work.

Quote:
I can't speak to t1, but from what I've read t2 can be highly responsive to significant dietary changes.
Yes, namely reducing calories and getting rid of visceral fat (a major risk factor for T2D). I had the classic symptoms of early stage T2D, was overweight, poor insulin sensitivity, got the shakes when drinking soft drinks, etc. I started intermittent fasting, but still eating McD on pretty much every non-fasting day. The weight came off, the T2D symptoms went away.

Insulin is not the problem in most cases. Its the obesity. Treat that, and the insulin response improves.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: