View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 02:10 PM   #39
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: June 2018 vFacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Back on topic,
Fiesta (23), Ecosport (92) and Mondeo (160) are now not worth the time and effort
Ford should stop wasting time bring such poor selling models here, it's embarrassing.
They should be looking at new products like RWD Explorer and V6 diesel F150
Had a conversation with my local dealer salesman while waiting for our Transit Custom service. I stated, to his disappointment instead of buying another Transit Custom I bought a Renault Trafic Crewvan lifestyle pack. I asked why Ford don't offer their version here and the standard reply was "because not enough sales to justify it".

Keeping my cool because the salesman has no product manager power at Ford Aust. so it's not his fault....I replied well actually "only an idiot would visit the Ford Aust. website, see that the Crewvan variant wasn't available and then come into a dealership and try to buy one". It's the "chicken and egg" argument. Yet Renault sell more Trafic's then the Transit Custom and they don't have an auto version.

With the Transit Custom, by the time you option an aftermarket second row seats, bulkhead for behind this, windows in the sliding doors, dual sliding doors, etc..you are nearly $10K above the Trafics price. And the Trafic came with metallic paint, alloys, factory 6 seats, solid rear bulkhead, dual sliding doors with opening windows, sun shades... all for at least $10K less then an optioned Transit Custom.

If you have to wait 4 + months for a factory order just bloody well increase the option list and lobby the government to cut the redtape and costs involved in certifying different variants for our market.

If the car companies want to monopolise by lobbying against parallel importation then they should push very hard with the argument to our Fed. government...."If a vehicle meets UK regs it should be good enough for here!"

And jpd80....I'd love an all new Explorer if it's going to look a little like the Lincoln Aviator.

Last edited by Dr Smith; 07-07-2018 at 02:18 PM.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: