View Single Post
Old 26-05-2018, 12:39 PM   #7
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 
Default Re: Will Falcon prices return to "normal"?

Apart from a few rarer models, not only will modern Falcon prices return to normal, but they will depreciate to below normal in the future, and here's the logic;

1. The younger drivers of today never saw Moffat and others driving Falcons around Bathurst as did their fathers who desired and bought those older Falcons later in life and caused the value to increase. So ten or more years from now, our modern Falcons won't have the same desirability.

2. The car industry is on the verge of change like never before seen in our lifetime... In 15 years, people will be moving to fast electric cars with Tesla-like performance, that will make any Falcon GT, XR8, Turbo of today look slow by comparison.

3. People wanting performance cars are moving to Mustangs and cars like the Kia Stinger (which is just the start of imported performance sedans yet to come). Again this lowers the desirability of buying a used modern day performance Falcon.

4. The laws changed since performance Falcons of old ... P-Platers in most states cannot drive a car with over a certain power to weight ratio, so they cannot drive XR6T's, F6's, XR8's and GT's.
Whereas back in my younger days, I could drive an XY, XB GT, etc.
So younger drivers today, look past modern performance Falcons, move on to other cars with less performance, and by the time they are off their P's, have gotten about Falcons.

5. New Australians coming to our country, and buying a car, never grew up here, and have no "emotional connection" to our local Ford and Holden brand heritage.
They come here for a better life, they want to say to their relatives and friends back home... "Look, I've made it in Australia... I'm somebody now"... And "here's a photo of me driving a nice Euro".

6. The older performance XY's, XB's and Falcons of that vintage will always hold more value than modern day Flacons... Because "Classic not plastic".
Pre-emission cars that will run forever not computers on wheels where electronics will fail and be expensive to replace in coming years.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: