View Single Post
Old 17-04-2018, 09:40 AM   #21
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Re: ECU Reset - Why and should I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICF67 View Post
I havent been able to read all the comments, but what about te process in au3 xr6 manaul? all comments i seen seem to be auto related
Hi & welcome to AFF ICF67, while its a good idea to reset the ecu in AU's, please be mindful a few owners have disconnected their battery & ended up having some issues with their AU2 & 3"s smartshield security system which cost them some good $$$ to fix.

If you dont want to chance it, your ecu will still learn any new parts installed after a few days anyway.

If you do put the new parts in, drive it in all variable conditions still - part to full throttle & air con on at idle & all through the rev range for a little period of time, your ecu will pick up the changes.

Let us know how you go one way or the other, good luck!!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote