View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 08:08 PM   #51
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: February 2018 VFACTS: Honda booms as Holden slumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Terry View Post
I can understand the sadness concerning the loss of our local car industry, but I cannot understand the bitterness towards the ZB Commodore. Dr Terry
Hey Ford fans …….. how is the Falcon ‘replacement’, the Mondeo selling ? The ‘replacement’ Commodore should sell equally as well.
Would you accept a Mondeo/Fusion with a Falcon badge slapped on it ?

The ‘bitterness’ is the result of a lot of factors, closing the factory, being told how Holden will outsell Toyota by 2020 with 20(?) new models, that there is a new V8 sports car arriving soon, how the hipsters don’t want to drive a car that looks like my dad’s car, targeting the ‘let’s be gay’ society while alienating the bogan community who bought Commodores in the past, and the big one ……… putting the same name on a FWD 4cyl and a complicated AWD 6cyl import.

Yes, I know that the VB had a German name, and that it was an Opel design, but a comparison of the Holden and Opel versions was like comparing bratwurst to XXXX beer. The ZB may be a good car, but it has to overcome bad feelings towards Holden, and be screwed together better, and cheaper, than its established rivals, Toyota, Hyundai, Audi, Volkswagen, Skoda, Volvo, etc, etc.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: