View Single Post
Old 22-04-2017, 12:41 PM   #37
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: How Many Times Have You Been Caught Speeding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olbucko View Post
Had my share in the first 20 years, young & dumb, Then drove for 25 years and 1.2 million km on country and city roads without penalty, then got pinged by the HP for doing 132 overtaking somebody on a highway out west, he said I had a good record so he knocked it down to 129, I was then able to write to the infringement bureau and get the fine and points wiped because I had had a clean record for more than 10 years.

Just recently had to make a donation of $241 and 4 points for doing 57 kph through a deserted school zone, the school had broken up for Christmas holidays one week before, but no chance of getting out of that one, Just gotta take it on the chin.

Must admit I'm still a bit of a lead foot on the highways and back roads when conditions are good, but not in built up areas. I have slowed down quite a bit in the last few years now that the police hold all the cards Years ago an eagle eye, a bit of local knowledge, and a good GPS fixed camera warning device could keep you out of trouble, but not any more.

On the highway the cruise control in my XR6 has become my best friend.
The school 40kmh zones are only for designated times on school days. They do not apply out of those times.
If it's not too late you should do something about it.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: