View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 03:34 PM   #11
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The FGX as the ultimate enthusiast collectors falcon?

G'day all..Sorry ..Can't leave this thread alone without adding my two cents worth.. Bias admitted too. I think there'll be no one single Falcon that'll be the ultimate. It's kind of unfair to compare them. My thoughts entirely here.
That said , here's a few stand outs I'd like to share if I may..
XR GT. to XW GT .Geez Louise..wow,,
XY GTHO That's unforgettable by any measure for me.
XA Coupe and 4 door ..First all Australian ..design as we all know
XB/XC..Especially the GT's..lookers and go-ers
XD/XE..New look caught my attention
EB/ED/EF/EL...Great sellers as a young driver then.
AU..The sleeper, turns out to be one of the most under rated of all time.Still have mine 13 years after buying it..
AU T Series..Outside the Factory and FPV GT's and some of the XR8's and 6's one of the most sought after Falcons nowadays..The 5.6 litre V8 ..Woohoo .Awesome handbuilt engine the centrepiece..
BA/BF ..Still look good in various guises and introduced us to the beaut Barra N/A and Turbo engines..pretty significant
FG.. well sorted out car ..Looks good ..goes good..
FGX..The very last model..after 25 or so different Falcons it leads to this.
I really like it , can't afford one in any configuration so no chance to compare it with my FG XR6 until I get a ride in one at least.One day I hope.

Because it's the very last one I suspect it'll always carry more value than most others , especially the Sprints so Ill leave it at that.

I'm not sure that the lack of gizmo's compared to Commodore is necessarily good or bad..Only time will tell on that score . Will just say in that regard all the additional stuff in a Commie won't save them either though when they wind up in about a year from now..

For whatever reasons talk about our Falcons , the beauty or abilities are always a very personal thing so enjoy them ,get frustrated by them , love them or hate them as you choose..
Cheers Rod..
2 users like this post: