View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 10:47 AM   #323
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted8 View Post
I actually spoke to my GP about how depressed I'm feeling a few times late last year and also earlier this year. At the time, I was against taking medication and I don't think she actually brought it up as an option in any case. To be honest, I got the sense that my doctor didn't want to talk about the subject too much. That could just be my perception playing tricks on me though. It may have also confused her that I could speak about it in such a factual, analytical matter - that's just part of my personality though.

Maybe I do need to see another doctor about it but I really struggle to talk about emotions. I don't get upset but I'm fairly "switched off" and tend to ignore or distance myself from how I feel most of the time. I also don't want to bring others down and feel like if I start talking about it - that's when the negativity becomes real for others. Obviously we can't ignore how we feel forever and when it hits me it comes in waves. It forces me to ignore any of my accomplishments - all I can think about is mistakes I've made and the idea that I'll never succeed.

Yep, it's not much fun.
Start with your doctor and then talk to a psychologist about your feelings. They are qualified to help you in that area and help you find the reason for feeling the way you are and also how do deal with those issues
1995 EF Fairmont - Tickford Enhanced
1980 ZL Fairlane in Brambles red
BLUEYBA is offline   Reply With Quote