View Single Post
Old 22-02-2006, 03:51 PM   #7
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

An update:

The issue of a national road rule change to 217, currently 'rear fog lights' is still before NTC at 'review stage'. (The proposal is for a NSW/WA like prohibition of use when in clear weather conditions).

Comments received in relation to that rule, and all others as raised by people in submissions, AND not shown covered by the inital link are still being considered!

Then 'due process' of the new rules takes place. It's a multi-step process before 'final approval' type system. "It" then appears in the linked item 'at one of those stages'.

NTC is surprised the item is available at all online - in this early stage. I would expect it to be removed.

Those who have submitted changes should not lose heart - much is still being reviewed. The *latest* official and enacted version of the ARR's remains 2003 edition.

The thread, should might therefore be left to die, or Admins are free to delete it if they wish!!!

(I need to tidy up 'reception' of my legislation alerts)!
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote