View Single Post
Old 23-06-2015, 11:57 PM   #1003
FGX008

Default Re: Ford Falcon XR8 Sedan Price Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfinke View Post
Taking one for a test drive tomorrow. The dealer is very protective of it, with a set circuit to drive on with a salesperson on board, which I don't mind but it is a bit of a bummer nonetheless (though to be fair, the dealer would be totally amenable to a change of circuit if I suggested one).

I've recently taken a 300 SRT8 and a VF SSV wagon for a spin, so this just about completes the drives of all vehicles on my wishlist.
I ordered my new XR8 sight unseen and with no test drive. Talk about taking a leap of faith. It was the same with my colour choice. I was totally in the dark because the only colour I liked other than white (except if breeze was on offer) was smoke. But who in their right mind does this...someone like me and clearly some others who simply did not want under any circumstances to miss out owning the last made Aussie built Ford Falcon.

So the upshot of this long winded story is I simply just took a leap of faith that the car would meet or exceed my expectations. So the good news is my car in terms of power and my choice of colour is everything I wanted in a performance car.

In summary my car is a keeper and I won't be parted with it for any price. I now own a piece of Aussie built Ford history. I wish it was otherwise because this is some car and what a story it may have been to see what the underlying architecture of the FGX platform could have been developed into in regards to its future design and style.

Cheers, Brent
4 users like this post: