Thread: Mustang Pricing
View Single Post
Old 28-05-2015, 07:33 PM   #44
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mustang Pricing

Just went to Ford today here in Rocky to have a chat about the Mustang...it comes in December, he said they've so far sold about fifteen here in Rocky, and they recommended heartily that I put a deposit down now, and I can take delivery of my lovely 'Stang in...

...August next year.

Sorry...I'll go look at that Focus ST sitting outside instead...I can have one of them tomorrow if I want...
Australians are used to being able to walk in and pretty much drive out with the car they want...maybe a short wait for it, but not a year and a half. I'm in a financial position where I can afford a Mustang, I can put a deposit on one now, but they've just lost a sale...it's a bloody common old Mustang, not an exotic rare Euro sports car that has to be painstakingly hand built when you order it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
"We're not going to chase market share, we're not going to put out vehicles where the demand is not there and then discount and make it even worse."

"People are too obsessed with market share."
-----------------------------------------------

Do you really think this man knows less about the car industry than you?
Sorry, but if he claims that market share and volume profitability is "unimportant" then I think we can see why makers like Ford and honestly sitting there puzzled about why their cars aren't selling...

Last edited by 2011G6E; 28-05-2015 at 07:38 PM.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: