View Single Post
Old 14-11-2014, 07:35 PM   #1549
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

People who have to touch, fiddle or otherwise interfere with your hard work even though they have no clue about the job you are doing.

I've just spent the last couple of days putting in fence posts for a 2m high corrugated fence and gates for the missus. All the posts have to be aligned properly, and all vertical of coarse, and the gate posts precisely spaced to allow for the gate clearances etc. I dug out the holes by hand, aligned the posts with string line and spirit level then cemented them in, half yesterday, the other half today. When I'd finished I was standing there at the end of the row of posts eyeing up the alignment and noticed that one of the posts I cemented yesterday was a bees' left one off of vertical. Nothing noticeable once the fence is up, but just noticeable when you eye up the line, bugga'. While I'm standing there eyeing up the line, out wanders the missus to the other end of the line,(the ones I did yesterday with the semi set concrete), sees what I'm doing so eyes up the alignment from the other end and notices the fractionally misaligned post. "There's a post with a bit of lean on", she says as she wanders up the line, and as I'm in the middle of saying, "yeah, I know but you won't see it once the fence is finished", she grabs the post and tries to push it straight!. Now I have a slightly loose post with no way to firm up the fit again.
I love her dearly but GEEZ!!, sometimes I just want to slap her up side the head.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: