View Single Post
Old 20-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #69
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Default Re: BA GT's now from 16k

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
I like them too, but they were not tough. They could not pull the skin off a rice pudding. They just burned lots of fuel and made no power. They wouldn't see which way a new 4-cyl Ecoboost Falcon went in a straight line even if given a big head start. They were also significantly slower than Falcons from a decade earlier. Don't get me wrong, I like XD/E 351s, but they were embarrassingly slow and about as tough as playdough.
Yes , very true unfortunately.
I never really minded this though as my old ESP was modified to suit. It became a tyre shredder with torque to burn and was a great car to drive after all the mods I did to it.
Same as my Boss powered BFGT. Yes the F6 was quicker out of the box, but a few simple mods and like it's older brother the XE , it too is now a great car to drive with plenty of power for daily duties and spirited drives through the hills.

I never really bought my cars for their factory power , i have modded everything I owned. Funny how people with the new SC GT with 330 odd rwkw are still finding that it ain't enough....
4 users like this post: