View Single Post
Old 19-11-2013, 03:13 AM   #728
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Default Re: Any VF performance figures out there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
But is this the only measure of a car? How it accelerates in a straight line? I guess for some people it is, but the performance of the GTS extends far further than that. Just because you don't believe many people will ever see the full potential of the GTS's dynamic ability on public roads is no reason to dismiss it. You can't legally go faster than 110 on public roads either. We all have our favourite stretches of highway and our favourite mountain roads. For the moment, the GTS is better in both places. It's faster, it's dynamically superior, it stops better, it has far more technologies and features- HSV should be applauded for taking the Aussie performance sedan to a place it's never been before. Since the beginning of time, the one criticism of Australian performance cars was that they had the power, but the rest of the package didn't exist. In the GTS it does. Say what you will about the potential of modifications (it's a messy argument that I think should be left out of this discussion), the GTS is a performance bargain in this market.

Now onto other things. I have a new VF SS. After driving my FG XR6T every day for 3 years, I'm in a good place to compare them. Instant power of the V8 is very nice. The 6.0 loves revs and past 4000 I cannot pick the difference between it and the XR6T. The noise the oldschool pushrod unit makes is lovely. If I raced them to 120, they'd be neck and neck. Drive tested them at WSID, they both did a 13.1 and whilst I was suspicious when I first saw it, now I can believe it. The VF is a lighter car than the VE. In every other area the VF is a better car. Technology, handling, ride comfort, build quality- the VF is an outstanding car. I would have loved to have bought another FG, it would have been number 4, but the VF is simply a generation ahead and Ford has neglected the FG which is a terrible shame.

Regarding reliability. I laugh when I read "Holden is the most unreliable car". Across 3 FGs, the amount of warranty work has been immense. They are not a reliable car either! If this was a BMW forum, you could understand the jabs at reliability. But modern Falcons being the pinnacle of reliability? From extensive experience, it's simply not the case.
Your point about reliability is noted....as your personal experience! There are stats and numbers from the masses that tell the truth.....whether it goes which way...you'd have to look it up yourself.