View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #527
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Default Re: Any VF performance figures out there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx View Post
You are correct. "The interior may look ok but its put together with cheap and nasty materials". Thats a quote from a GTS owner who is coming from a F6.

There are heaps of cool features on the GTS and after driving one I believe its worth the money but its not lightyears ahead of the GT in performance. My R spec is just as quick to 100. Its not until your well past this that the extra torque comes into play and over a quarter mile its only a fraction of a second quicker with all its extra engine, diff, and features.
It’s good to hear an owner’s opinion.

I do like the GTS and I know this is a Ford Forum and understand there are many members that don’t.

I also like Fords, that’s the reason I like to be here.

I think the GTS is ok value for money but I wouldn’t argue that with anyone as everybody has a different opinion on what is value.
And of cause there is no value in something you don’t like it to start with.

But all that aside and regardless of all the bells and whistles the GTS has, quality interior build materials is not one of them.

I was shocked when I touched the ‘Piano Black’, I left a smudge with my finger and when I gently rubbed it with my palm to remove it, I left a swirl mark and ****ed it. That doesn’t happen in a Benz.

The plastic aluminium (chrome thingy stuff) trim looks plastic from a mile away, in a Euro it’s actually brushed aluminium and looks like metal.

I’ll give credit to the suede, it looked ok and I could live with the finish quality.

Some sections of plastics were terribly cheap looking as were the seats, which is a shame as the seats are a great design.

And the gauges, in particular the ones down near the shifter console. Horrid beyond belief.

All the dials and function buttons are nothing like a Euro. Not in looks or in feel.

And what is all the mix and match about anyway. It’s like they’re trying to say look at me, I’ve got all the current trendy finishes in me. Where in the Euro’s you order the car with the trim you want, you don’t receive a smorgasbord.

A Benz for example if you order wood grain you get 18 layers of woodgrain, I’ll say it again, 18 layers of timber laminated together to give not only a great finish but strength in case of a collision. Nothing plastic about that.

Call a spade a spade, the interior materials are cheap, the rest of the car is fantastic and what a blast it was to drive.
And yes I have driven a new GT (from Sydney to Maitland and back) and I wet myself with it as well.

They’re both great cars and good value but that article was very misleading in regard to the GTS interior and it didn’t need to be.
It could have talked about the car’s strengths as it has many without clouding the issue.

The GTS is as good as the M, RS & AMG in some areas, for the rest you need to buy a Euro performance car.

This user likes this post: