View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #48
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Default Re: Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party / Lobby Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
Forgive me if I am being ignorant here, but how will this party affect change from winning a seat in the election?

From my (admittedly limited) knowledge issues at a federal level are often ignored by state level governments. It has always been up to the state governments discretion if it actually listens to the federel level of government.

The police are employed at a state level. So NSW, VIC and QLD officers, for example, are given their instructions and tasks as directed by the big boss in their state.

A federal level of government can put pressure on state authorities, but at the end of the day, they don't have to listen.

The issues that are coming up seem to be more of a state level in terms of police targeting specific events and blocking access to and from venues to conduct defect checks and emissions tests. VIC has lead the way with the rules, QLD is now attempting to one up them, and NSW is just tagging along for the ride from what I can see
Can someone enlighten me on why we have different police forces in each state, different drivers licenses and different road rules? If they all want to be so different why don't they all just break off and form their own countries