View Single Post
Old 25-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #70
Evgeni
Auto Nerd

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: In recognition of the many hours spent scanning information for the benefit of AFF members. 
Default Re: Changing AU auto transmission fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Thanks for reply but what you're talking about is thousands of dollars worth mate.Yes I agree the rear extension seal should be replaced but where's the welch plug?I mean the BTR 93 is working ok it's just a persistent leak coming down from the top of the extension housing.I'll see what the experts want to charge.No the trans is not out;I drive it every day.
Its probably the actual speed transducer. These can leak - you can pick up one from Ford for about $80. I think they are cheaper online.

You can also get an extension housing service kit that contains the bush, rear seal and gasket. Can't remember if the bolts are 12point or spline drive, but either way, the socket is going be the cheapest thing you will buy. You will however need a press to get the bush out and obviously the spacers needed to press the bush out - if in fact it is leaking from the rear seal. Worst case scenario, take the extension housing off and take it to a transmission shop and see if they will change the bush over for you.
Evgeni is offline   Reply With Quote