View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #194
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: I want to quit smoking but i fail everytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by evl_el View Post
hey all been awhile 10 months ago was my last smoke now i just have too loose the fat *** now lol
Just had a read through 7 pages of this thread and you certainly have pulled on a few raw nerves. I, too was a heavy smoker (30 a day) up until about 20 years ago. I tried all the usual things to stop and managed to give it up twice for a years but inevitably I gave in and started again until one day I woke up and just simply did not feel like smoking. I know it sounds a bit weird, I didn't go through any withdrawals, didn't have any cravings, just something clicked in my head and I didn't feel like smoking any more and it's now over 20 years since. If I knew how to do it and could teach others, boy I'd be filthy rich by now, lol!
But going back to your very first post you mentioned you were coughing blood, you were at 142kg and you have 2 kids. My suggestion would be to look at your lifestyle, see what encourages you to smoke. Are you going out with mates a lot or have a style of life that allows you to smoke a lot? is your work stressful that makes you want to smoke? And it's the same with weight issues. (I have battled with weight for many years, too). But the overriding reason for you to do something about your weight and smoking is have a good look at your kids and think about how it would be without them in your life and what it would be like for them to be without their Dad. Most of the things we do in life are for emotional reasons not practical reasons, so if your kids and your health aren't emotive enough, I don't know what else is. Good luck with your efforts.

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JAJH is offline   Reply With Quote