View Single Post
Old 20-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #60
DRAGN6
DRAGN6

Default Re: Changing AU auto transmission fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6 View Post
A blocked filter won't increase overall fluid volume if it was so blocked that the fluid wasn't moving at all the car wouldn't move as the transmission relies on pressure to operate the hydraulics ( actuated by the solenoids). the filter is on the intake side not the outlet side of the fluid path
Yep Yep, Gotcha
Honestly though, right now, my instinct is pointing to Filter for some reason.
My initial instinct was just to rip this box out and replace it, but as you see, I'm not a quitter and love to learn NEW stuff.
These AUs are keeping me constantly learning and even in owning my S1 Classic for 4yrs now, still learning heaps more about her too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
oes anyone know much about the VSS{vehicle speed sender[sensor]**that hides up top of the extension of the box?I've got a slow but persistent leak coming from up there & am wondering if it's the old O ring worn again.Has anyone fixed one of these-as usual it's hard to get to.I may as well fix this before changing fluid.
Sorry my friend, just saw your post.
As you see, I too am learning about these things. I can refer to my manual, but in all fairness, these guys on here are a hell of a lot more knowledgeable than any manual

DRAGN6 Build Thread

My Previous Rides:
LOTS, But I'm only listing my most recent!!

1. 2001 AU XR6 [New Daily]
  2. 1999 AU Classic [DRAGN6]
  3. 1992 EBII with too much to list! [sold and bough DRAGN6 as a 'stocker']!

DRAGN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: