View Single Post
Old 26-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #910
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Major Ford announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
From reading the previous 30+ pages you know what I see.
I see True Blue Australians with Blue Blood pumping through their veins.

We are consumers.
Consumers dictate to a company what they want made, not the other way around.

Fact #2 Falcon sales have slowed as it is basically the same car since the AU in 98 which was a redesign of an existing platform, hence why would someone upgrade. It has been an orphan in the Ford world that receives hardly any of the technology of the Ford Universe.
Fact #3 Our dollar is too high....Bull ******.
In the UK 80% of the cars produced are exported. Their car manufacturing is in huge resurgence. 11% of all Exports are from cars.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21015767
Last time I checked our dollar was less than the UK. We can learn from what they have been through.
Plenty of Nostalgia, but not a lot of Loyalty for the Falcon

What makes you think that Dearborn will firstly listen to 1000 old falcon owners parked around and insignificant soon to be closed manufacturing plant that has lost them 600 Million dollars.
Then given such poor sales figures what makes you think they will commit to spending a billion dollars + redesigning another orphan against their plans of a one ford global platform.
and Finally Wages in the Uk are substantially lower than what they are here for the same Job. Trust me Lived there for 6 years recently. Even the Ford Boss pointed it out its more profitable to make cars in Europe and Asia compared to Australia, Wages make a significant part of the cost to any business and there is no denying they are high here, to match our high cost of living.
Let it go, the falcon is to be no more, was good while it lasted, but move on
JP