View Single Post
Old 18-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #511
nstg8a

Default Re: HSV GTS LSA lettuce tomato & special sauce on a sesame seed bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetaker View Post
Hi

This is my first post.
The VF GTS has captured a lot of headlines lately and it will be a little sad when Ford has to hand the performance/power mantle to GMH.The GTS will be great value compared to the European competitors,which GMH are targeting.I hate to say it but it will be a level up on the GT in terms of performance as well as in price range.
I don't believe that Ford will counter with a higher performing GT,sure the next updated Falcon FPV will have more power and torque but not to the level of the GTS....it would be very costly!
One solution would be to shoe horn the 5.8L GT500 engine in the GT.However with such power(492 kw) and massive torque(854 nm)that significantly exceeds the LSA,the Falcon would require serious re engineering input....again too costly.
Also we need to be ready for any GTS vs GT YouTube clips.I expect a number of Holden supporters "sticking" it to the Fords which is understandable considering they've been habouring pent up frustration for a number of years.
Pretty sure the 5.8 is physically too big for the falcon anyway.
Best bet would be the rumoured next gen mustangs turbo coyote.... It will open a can of whoop *** on the lsa
This user likes this post: