View Single Post
Old 30-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
AD26

Default Fuel pump for higher end mods

Hi all, I read on the forum about our dreaded fuel pump problem, which I am also experiencing but I couldn't find whether anyone had found a solution other than keeping the tank above 1/4. The reason I ask is because I occasionally experience a loss of power which has only occurred since I added the mods I currently have on(exhaust, headers, SVT UIM, TB, K&N pod kit) which makes me think it isn't powerful enough to supply fuel for power when you want it.

The other reason is, the mod bug is biting again and I don't want to add more power if it only makes the power loss more frequent/worse. Was thinking of dropping the 3L block in with the ported 2.5L head and putting current mods on the 3L since they all supposedly fit.

Another question I had, unrelated to the fuel pump.. has anyone else got trouble keeping power to the ground? I'm ok until it starts raining, then I have to baby it completely or I lose traction. I've got 18" wheels and the actual tyres aren't worn at all.

I'll say thank you now because I know you guys will have the answer

AD26 is offline   Reply With Quote