View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:50 PM   #53
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

Default Re: First drive - Ecoboost!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Simple, I can answer that!!

Mondeo does not have a touch screen, Mondeo is FWD, Mondeo's dash looks terrible (& even that is being kind), & the outside pf Mondeo is 2nd to Falcon in looks..

So really, why would anyone buy Mondeo EB over Falcon EB? i mean really?
The Mondeo has no touch screen? You're right. However, it has a far easier to use, more aesthetically pleasing screen situated in the instrument cluster, easily controlled from the steering wheel. It's much less of a pain to use than a touchscreen. As well as this, the audio quality of the Mondeo is much better than that of the Falcon.

Mondeo is FWD? Why is that a problem? Can't do your fully sick drifting? The Mondeo doesn't torque steer or understeer (the second of which is a persistent problem in the RWD Commodore), and exhibits exceptional steering feel (again a problem in the Commodore). RWD advantage nullified.

Mondeo's dash looks terrible? Well, you're entitled to your own opinion, but I far prefer the looks of the Mondeo's dash to that of the Falcon, not to mention that the materials used in the Mondeo are of a better quality than those used in the Falcon. The Falcon's ICC system is a pain to use while driving; the Mondeo's controls are clearly laid out and easy to operate on the move (I'm a particularly big fan of the air con switches of the Mondeo LX). The Mondeo also lacks the hulking big waste of space some call the FG centre console. The Mondeo's seats are much more supportive (and don't feel like the car seat equivalent of a waterbed).

Exterior looks? Purely subjective (I happen to disagree with you there).

I'll admit, however, that there are numerous advantages to the Falcon.
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote