View Single Post
Old 16-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #353
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

Default Re: Whats stopping people from buying the Falcon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquilized
Another theory that popped into my head recently was that so many people - probably most people, know and care little about cars, yet they'll want to project an image with the car they drive. These people probably view the Falcadore as just too old fashioned. It was the car their parents drove, so they'll want something they percieve to be better, more unique, or whatever it may be. Of course the irony is they pass up the more uniquely engineered and capable aussie car for what is often a run-of-the-mill korean s***box.
YES!! That is absolutley perfect. I work in the Docklands in Melbourne, and the type of mainstay Australian has changed. The "Y" generation (of which I am unfortuantly part of) has in my view, become softer and more "socially / envornmentally aware".

The funny thing is that most peoples arguments for not buying a larger car is the perception of more fuel usage. My argument would be that you can put your Ford on gas and actually decrease your fuel bill.

As stated above, my generations parents would have possibly had a Ford / Holden growing up and we don't want to drive the same car. The social demographic has become a bunch of latte sipping yuppies driving around in their Kia's and Hyandias. Yet, they will be first to jump up and down as more Aussie companies move overseas or shut down.

I'm getting tired of seeing so many Korean S*** Boxes on our roads.

IMPCO LPG Vapour Injection.

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
Collonite #845 Insulator Wax
Bowden's Own Happy Ending & Fully Slick
Chemtech CT-18 Truck Wash (Wheels & Chassis)
Bowden's Own Wheely Clean & Tyre Sheen
Bowden's Own Three Way Paint Decontamination Spray

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Full Synthetic 10w-40
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

My Instagram Account: @ba_falcon2003

Last edited by BA-XT; 16-01-2012 at 02:26 PM.