View Single Post
Old 16-01-2012, 02:52 AM   #338
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Default Re: Whats stopping people from buying the Falcon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodewd
The question starting the thread is wrong.

Just because the falcon is selling 9th for 2011 doesnt mean its dead. Its damn popular! Any car cracking the top 10 is popular! The large car segment isnt dead, its just smaller due to:

* rising Aussie dollar making imports cheaper
* tariff barriers on imported cars have dropped over the decades
* massive segmentation of the car market - so many types and so many producers

Now you must also consider Falcon and territory sales in the same breath because they are the same platorm. Falcon + territory sales are pretty good. Some buyers who want an SUV now have an Aussie Ford option - the Terri!

The Falcon just wont get huge money thrown at it for updates. Would have love to see an alloy block 4.0L and maybe drop the capacity to 3.9L or 3.8L (if thats possible).

I will gladly buy 3rd XR6 Turbo next year when my lease runs out. The FG has been great to me. :^)
every ford fan should read this post...its very close to be spot on...or as close as you can get. People forget ford is selling these cars and still MAKING PROFFIT....so untill they are actually a drag on ford aus thet still have a strong case to stay in the market....esspescially when they are class leading and world class cars we are talking about here. Ford is doing a good job..and the best thet can do in the situation.