Thread: Panic Attacks
View Single Post
Old 25-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #121
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Default Re: Panic Attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
dont know how old you are , but believe it or not , drinking alcohol really is not the norm .
i used to drink beer and spirits from age 15 to24 , stopped because i married a non drinker <<< not the right reason to stop . anyhow after many binges with the boys into the mid 30's you come to realize you only do it to feel happy , and after a while the conceptrion of happy changes , if i go out now and drink , i pretty much dont change how i am , or may just get heavy headed and a massive 3 day hangover , so a really really big alcohol night for me now is 3 beers , or 5 beers max . pretty much now the norm is 2 beers twice weekly . and i gotta say , if you need a drink to have a good time , that is not normal , sorry but its the truth , even though sometimes i go to a club and dont drink , then i dont want to be there , therefore they are boring places as i dont like them in my real state , sober .
unless i go with a mate i can have 1 or two ,anymore and i wouldnt be there to enjoy a mates company .
just dont drink for a while and find a hobby/ hobby club instead , and you'll find you seek different kinds of fun .

The 3 years of drinking was to deal with PTSD from an overseas army deployment.
I think I am doing quite well.
It takes 3 weeks to adjust to any new routine.
Playing pool sober was hard, but I am getting it sorted out now, as tonight will be the start of the 3rd week sober.

I have a month alcohol free planned,who knows from there.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote